Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Oh, I gave him a tip!"


We have been teaching a little independce lately. Lastnight at the pool, the kids wanted an ice cream sandwich. Jackson volunteered to go to the snackbar and get them all one by himself. The old me would have taken control and gone and got them. The new me handed over the money and didn't budge. We gave him $5.00. He came back with $0. When we asked him where the change was, he was sooooo excited to tell us, "Oh, I tipped him!". Me, "You what?". Him, "I tipped him all the change!". We had a little explanation about finding what the percentage a tip should be ( I can still see Jacksons eyes rolling to the back of his head with boredom) and that we don't normally tip the the people at the club, just at a restuarant. The lady next to us was dying trying not to laugh. I don't think she could have put more of her towel over her face and still been able to watch her kids in the water. Thank goodness we didn't send him with more money!


1 comment: