Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"I can't see her."


So, since Divit died Griffen and Avary have been saying goodnight and blowing kisses to a star that shines over the house behind us. I thought it was a good idea.......Well, tonight it was cloudy. I had to pretty much drag them upstairs. They were so upset that they couldn't see her. After tears from all of us, they fell asleep. With fall coming I need to find a new thing to have them blow their kisses to. This is the first time as a mom that I have gone through losing a pet. Who knew it would be so hard explaining to them that it will get easier. How did my parents handle this over and over again? I have had my fair share of pets. :(

1 comment:

  1. Sorry....Haley was only 2 1/2 when we had to put Hoss down - and then 6 months later, MY grandmother died and this was all just too much for her. I used to tell her that the jet lines in the sky (those white lines?) were a message from people we've lost to let her know they were watching...she clung to that for about 5 years. :)

    ReplyDelete