Monday, September 6, 2010

Better Late Than Never.......

We finally went on our first camping trip of the summer! We went up to a place called Scotts Flat with our friends Bob, Lisa, Haley and Jace.
Bob helping Avary with her s'mores.
Man, I sure miss those....

Avary and Jace reading, cause that's what all kids do when camping. ;)
The Arnaudo Family!
Love them.


We've known them since we lived in Elk Grove. With their busy schedules and ours, we don't often have a chance to get ALL of us together. We all had a great time and made many memories!

Bob helping Jackson worm the fish hook.

Griffen LOVES Bob!

Campground treasures!
I seriously don't know what the kids would have done without all of these little things scattered around the camp site. It was almost as if there was a scavenger hunt going on. It was awesome!

Jackson and Craig manning the fire.




The 'crew'!
Avary, Griffen, Haley, Jace and Jackson.

Peace!

I think Avary's tears actually came out as mud.

Apple Jacks table!


Jackson and Jace.

They all had so much fun :)

My early morning man.

Enjoying quiet time in the morning.

All American Kids, dirt and all ;)


A & G taking a quick break.


My WONDERFUL Family!

Need I say more??



Griffen helping with the tent trailer.
"What you need me to do Dad?"

You can't go camping without watermelon!

Even dirty she is pretty darn cute.


"Oh yah baby! I lub watermelon!"

The boys going on a hike.
Long story, short hike ;)

Ok, so, there is a story to this one. There were showers at the camp ground. The only problem, I couldn't figure out how to make them warm. EVERYONE else took showers and said how GREAT they felt and I was was like, WHAT! I seriously lost my breathe in mine. It hurt, it was soooooo cold no matter how many freaking quarters I fed that stupid machine. So, on the second night I laid in my sleeping bag, losing sleep, and finally figured out how I was going to wash my hair. This is how I did it. I laid on the bench and had Craig pour warmed water over my head while I scrubbed. It was GENIUS!! But, I still couldn't stand myself. So I ventured yet again to the dreaded showers. Guess what??? It was AWESOME!!! Warm water, flip flops, a bar of soap and .75 cents later, I was clean! What more could a dirty person ask for? I don't know what happened the first 2 times, all that matters is what happened the third time. :)


Avary and Haley.

These two met when they were just barely 1 year old at swimming lessons.
Friends ever since!

Griffen and Haley cooling off in the lake.

Jace and Jackson.

These two were side-by-side all weekend.


Avary Grace ready to 'wim'.


2 comments:

  1. great pictures, looks like a fantastic spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it love it love it! We had a great time too - thank to your family. I hope it can become an annual thing? Unless you ditch us?

    ReplyDelete