Tuesday, October 12, 2010

So easy, so good and so fun to share!



Griffen and Avary have a dessert potluck at the pumpkin patch tomorrow night!  Desserts can get messy so I decided to go the cookie route.  We make these every fall and decided to again today for tomorrow.  I thought I would share the recipe for either bake sales coming up or just sharing with your neighbors BOO basket :)

Pumpkin Cookies

1 cup softened shortening (I use Crisco-butter flavor)
2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
2 cups of canned pumpkin
4 cups of flour
8 tsp. of baking powder
2 tsp. of salt
5 tsp. of cinnamon
1/2 tsp. of ginger
1 tsp. of nutmeg
1 cup of raisins
1 cup of chopped walnuts (if you like nuts)

Mix it all together in a big bowl.  Drop by the spoonful on a greased baking sheet and bake at 400^ for 10 minutes.

Drizzle with frosting if you would like or just sprinkle with powdered sugar. 

I know this is a big recipe, 4 dozen, but they are so good, they won't last.



2 comments:

  1. I'm on it! Where did you buy the parchment paper you use to line your cookie sheets ?

    I tried Ralph's without luck ...of course, I have no idea where to go if Ralph's doesn't stock it :(

    clueless in Indio

    ReplyDelete