Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It may have taken me a while,

but I finally got it! The term, "You drive me to drinking" is all about motherhood and sharing every freaking drink you ever pour. It doesn't matter if your kid has the exact same thing in her pretty princess cup or his handsome tractor cup. THEY ALWAYS WANT MY CUP. It isn't pretty or handsome, IT IS MINE, atleast until they see me drinking out of it. Then it becomes ours. The only way around this is to have an alcoholic drink. Nothing serious, just a beer or wine or something. Oprah calls it a 'light bulb moment' I call it 'how do you like me know?' moment. Momma is having a beer and no you can't have "just a little sip". In order for me to have my very own drink, it must be alcoholic! Duh! Nobody ever told me this.

2 comments:

  1. Benjamin Franklin said: "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".

    Seriuosly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have told you that. Oh wait, maybe it's just my excuse? Backwash with pizza is my favorite thing! NOT. :)

    ReplyDelete