Saturday, May 8, 2010

22,000+ People, each with a story.






This morning Craig and I walked in the Susan G. Komen 5K Walk for a Cure. This was the first time for both of us and will not be the last. WOW! What an awesome experience. Just seeing the amount of people together for the same reason is one thing, reading all the messages on their backs is another. From the celebration of family and friends surviving the awful disease to the signs of In Loving Memory, were almost too much. You can't help but want to know everyones story. Craig and I actually got seperated (long story) so I spent most of the walk reading and listening. At one point towards the end I ended up behind a dad and his maybe 14 year old son walking hand in hand. On the dads back read, In Loving Memory of my beautiful wife, and on the sons, In Loving Memory of my Mommy. Oh man. I didn't know if I should pass them or hug them. Either way I knew that we were doing a great thing by being a very small part in helping to find a cure and letting everyone know that their family members and friends are not forgotten.


No comments:

Post a Comment