Saturday, March 21, 2015

Young family meet Lacrosse,

Lacrosse meet Young family. We have stepped outside our sports box and tried something new.....LACROSSE!  Who knew how cool and fun and confusing this would be?  Apparently most of Gig Harbor because "everybody's doin' it". Griffen had his first real game last weekend. I say real because his first first game ended early when the referree heard word that all but 2 of the opposing team members were protected down there.  So lesson learned on both sides of the field, no cup, no game!  

The second first game was intense. A lot of our players were not there to play because of basketball playoffs. Again, another sport taken very serious here in the harbor. Anyway, they planned that just right. Freezing cold, rain not only falling from the sky, but I swear blowing horizontal. There was no escaping it. But, the boys played awesome!  I think. I admit I missed most of it not only because I was hidden under my umbrella and blanket and the rude lady who stood right in front of my chair, yes, you rude lady, but Griffen says it was FuN!  Our team lost, but the best part was when Griffen was awarded a special honor. He now sports and Excellent Sportsmanship sticker on his helmet!  The opposing teams look for certain players who represent their team well. Yup, that's my kid.

 So, there ya have it. New sport, new rain jacket and boots, stack of blankets in the car and a reminder by the back door sports rack, 'DON'T FORGET YOUR CUP'. 


As if this child's head wasn't heavy enough already. Let's put a helmet on it and see if he can even left his head enough to find the field. 


Padded gloves to protect those sweet little hands that still like to be held. 


J snapping the safety strap. I think this was the moment Jackson decided he wanted to wear equipment like this, I mean, play lacrosse.  This topic is to be continued......


Here we go!



Griffen doing the face off to get the game started. 







No comments:

Post a Comment