Friday, February 18, 2011

Mission Impossible, so I thought!

So, not growing up in California I didn't have to do the 4th grade Mission project....until now!  I must admit, I kinda enjoyed it.  I think Jackson and I both learned quite a bit.  It all started with us all driving down to Sonoma.  Craig dropped Jackson and I off at the Mission San Francisco Solano, Jacksons chosen Mission, and from there Craig, Griffen and Avary headed to the train park.  With a camera in each of our hands Jackson and I went for it!  It was neat to see what he thought would be important things to take a photo of.  I must say, he did a great job.

 There were 4th graders everywhere.  You could tell who was there doing a project :)




Drum roll please.......
Mission Complete!

 After weeks of research, and many hours of hardwork, TA-DA!!  The finished product!

 I must give credit to my dad for helping Jackson build the structure.
There was NO WAY I would have had the patience for that.

 If you look closely, you can see that Jackson had the idea to put a photo of the inside of the chapel in the mission so you could see it through the window!  That's my boy.






2 comments:

  1. A+.........seriously, the best I've ever seen. Fantastic details, especially the photo inside, Jackson!

    Now here's something I learned. After school display, shrink-wrap it and keep it in your wonderful storeroom under the steps. When Griff and Avary have their turn, you'll only need them to research and build one more together , and refurbish and present this one too! :)

    No, I'm not kidding. It's worth another appearance for sure!

    Love Always,
    Goosie






    Goosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. sactrippers.blogspot.comFebruary 20, 2011 at 8:50 AM

    This is amazing - Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete